From $30Visit Website
HoursOpen daily from 10:30 am to 4:30 pm, Thursday & Sunday open at 11:00 am
Prager Winery & Port Works in the Napa Valley's St. Helena, has been the perfect prescription for Port lovers since 1979.
WHAT IS PORT?
Port is usually a sweet, red, fortified wine. Port takes its name from the very special wines produced in a specific District along the Douro River in Portugal. Ports, in California may be made from a number of grape varieties, and the resulting wine may be red, tawny or white.
The Prager's invite you to step off the beaten path and join them for an exceptional port experience. The winery is a family-run affair with three generations of Pragers involved in the crafting of premium ports and wines. In the intimate tasting room guests can choose from a variety of our delicious offerings. To cleanse there palates, delectable chocolate truffles and Imogene Prager's sweet and savory walnuts are also available.
Tucked away past a lush garden, and through the barrel cellar, the Prager tasting room is like a secret hideaway - rustic and casual - and unlike any tasting room in the Napa Valley. Currency from around the world covers the walls and ceilings.
Visit our Tasting Room for an informative Port experience. Tastings are offered 7 days a week from 10:30-4:30pm. Closed major holidays. $20 for 5 premium ports & wines - and you keep the glass!
JOIN THE PORT CLUB
- 2 bottles sent to you twice a year at 10% off retail price.
- Purchases of 1-11 bottles at 10% off retail and 12 or more bottles at 15% off retail.
- Tasting room fee waived for you and one guest.
How it Works
- There are no membership dues.
- Prior to shipment, we bill your Visa, MasterCard or AmEx for the purchase price plus shipping.
- You may cancel your membership 14 days prior to shipments by letter, fax or e-mail.
- This membership is not offered where prohibited by law & you must be 21 years or older to join and must be present to sign for receipt of all shipments.
At A Glance
AVASt Helena Ava
- Red Wines
- Unique Reds
- White and Dessert Wines
- Dessert Wines
- Wine And Food Pairings
- Picnic Grounds