While 2020 has been a wild ride, your holiday shopping doesn’t need to be. With wine lovers in mind, we have curated a list of our favorite wine-themed holiday gifts this year. The best part about our 2020 holiday gift guide? All gifts can be purchased online, so you can continue shopping from home in your pajamas. Just don’t let the other folks on your Zoom call know you’re multi-tasking.
Your mother taught you never to show up at a friend’s house without a gift for the host or hostess right? Especially during the holiday season. Say thank you for your hospitality with any of these festive items.
- Cherry Wood Wine Accessory Gift Box – WineCountry Shop, $54.95 | Nestle a favorite bottle in this gorgeous cherry wood box that carries all the fixings for proper wine service, including a corkscrew, bottle stopper, pourer, and drip ring.
- Landmark Vineyards Wine and Cheese Board Set – Landmark Vineyards, $85 | This sleek bamboo cutting board comes with all the cheese essentials and a bottle of 2018 Overlook Pinot Noir.
- America’s Test Kitchen “How to Cocktail” Book – America’s Test Kitchen, $19.99 | Featuring cocktail creations, recipes for cocktail snacks, and stunning photography, this book is perfect for the budding mixologist.
This year, we’ve all become homebodies – including the kids. But some of us always were. Help create the perfect nest for people who were staying home before 2020 made it cool.
- Edna Fireside Collection – Edna Valley Vineyard, $170 | Curl up on the couch with a cozy Edna Valley Vineyard blanket and a glass of one of the stunning pinot noirs included in this gift set.
- Personal Indoor Garden – Rise Gardens, $279 | This indoor garden comes with smart features that make it easy to grow herbs and veggies year-round.
- Hanging Wine Bottle Lanterns – Blue Ridge Mountain Gifts, $79.99 | This set of four glass wine bottle lanterns comes in five colors and creates whimsical lighting for either indoor or outdoor use.
We’ve all got one in our life: The friend who checks for a steak’s doneness with their finger; the amateur chef who can blind taste the cacao levels in a lineup of single-origin chocolate. Impress the foodie on your list with one of these thoughtful gifts for culinary buffs.
- Ultimate Expression of Caviar – J Vineyards & Winery, $465 | This indulgent gift comes with three different expressions of J sparkling wine paired with three carefully selected jars of caviar.
- Priest Ranch Wines Chef Essentials Gift Set – Priest Ranch, $84 | Style meets delicious with this gift set that includes a Priest Ranch denim apron, and a bottle of estate-grown olive oil.
- Cozymeal Online Cooking or Mixology Experience – Cozymeal, $29 | Choose from a huge selection of socially-distanced in-person cooking and mixology experiences, or live and interactive online classes led by top experts.
These explorers are always planning their next adventure, whether it’s a backpacking excursion or a cozy staycation. These holiday gifts are perfect for the person on your list who is always on the road.
- Ben to Table “Taste the World” Subscription Box – Ben to Table, $59.99/month, cancel anytime. | Each box offers a “taste” of a different global cuisine, featuring delicious ingredients, recipes, and pairing advice.
- Covet Pass Gift Card – Covet Pass, $150 for annual membership | Like a Wine Country VIP card, this pass comes with a ton of perks, including free tastings at participating wineries, as well as discounts on transportation, shopping, and experiences.
- Napa Valley Framed Map – WineCountry Shop, $75 | Showcasing over 400 wineries and 16 AVAs, this colorful map (designed in-house by the WineCountry team) is a stylish addition to any wine lover’s living room or office.
We love them, but wine snobs can sometimes be a judge-y bunch. Thankfully, these gift ideas for die-hard wine lovers are bound to get top scores.
- Engraved Champagne Saber – Jordan Winery, $170 | This gorgeous tool is perfect for the wine enthusiast who has everything… including a bit of dramatic flair.
- Graham + Fisk’s Canned Wine Advent Calendar – Graham + Fisk, $99.99 | Help someone count the days until Christmas the best way possible – with a can of wine each day or night.
- VORTEX Somm Aerating Wine Dispenser – WineCountry Shop, $225 | This eye-catching aerator is not only a gorgeous tabletop conversation-starter, it also releases a wine’s bouquet as the liquid passes into the decanter below.
These are the folks on the list who give even the most seasoned holiday shopper anxiety. This year, wow your toughest crowd with something truly unique.
- Control Bottle Cocktail Mixer – Control Bottle, $39.95 | This one-liter bottle delivers personalized mixed beverages with the ease of a single pour thanks to a patented dial that sets the strength of the cocktail.
- WineCountry Experiences Gift Card – WineCountry Shop, any amount | Let giftees explore the best of Napa Valley and Sonoma, from new takes on tastings and food to outdoor adventures.
- Benchmark Wine Group “The Perfectionist” 3-Pack – Benchmark Wine Group, $1,500 | This sommelier-approved gift pack of the best from California, Bordeaux, and Burgundy is sure to impress even the toughest wine critic.
Knowing the holiday gift you give is going toward a noble cause puts the “win” in “wine” this season.
- Dough For the James Beard Foundation Tasting Set – Wine.com, $69.99 | This set of quaffable wines benefit restaurant recovery, the promotion of equality in the kitchen, and sustainability efforts.
- WineCountry “Napa Forever” Retro Women’s T-Shirt – WineCountry Shop, $25 | Profits from the sale of this stylish tee (designed in-house by our WineCountry team!) are donated to the Napa Valley Community Disaster Relief Fund, providing support to the community and workers affected by challenges such as the fires and Covid-19. Shipping deadline is Dec 7th to arrive before Christmas
- Ten Thousand Villages Share Cookbook – Ten Thousand Villages, $40 | 100% of profits go to Women for Women International, an organization that reaches out to women in war torn areas, providing knowledge and vital resources to rebuild lives.
From homeschooling the kids, to major Zoom fatigue, 2020 has left us wanting to climb into bed with a wine bottle. Help your loved ones relax and refresh with these blissful at-home gift ideas.
- Unisex Perfume Rollerball Trio Gift Set – Raw Spirit Fragrances, $75 | These warm woodsy scents are rich and complex like a fine wine. Sustainably sourced and cruelty-free, they smell good and do good.
- Domaine Carneros “Blushing Bubbles” Gift Set – Domaine Carneros, $98 | This gift set, including a bottle of 2016 Brut Rosé, rose-scented body lotion, bath fizz, and a candle, is perfect for someone who deserves a little self-care this season.
- Merlot Skin Care Moisturizing Kit – Amazon, $39 | Treat your favorite wine-loving friend to a bit of winter hydration with this set of grape-derived skincare products.
This year, instead of stuffing the stockings with oranges and new socks, liven them up with this selection of our favorite last-minute gifts.
- Buddy Corkscrew – Rover, $15.99 | Dog lovers will delight in this adorable stainless-steel corkscrew, featuring a bottle opener “mouth” and serrated foil cutter “tail.”
- G.H. Mumm “Cloupe” Wine Glasses – G.H. Mumm, $30, set of four | This innovative glassware from G.H. Mumm aims to modernize and enhance the Champagne drinking experience.
- WineGrasp Wine Glass Holder – WineGrasp, $19.99 | This lightweight gadget allows wine lovers to go hands-free by clipping on to all types of surfaces and holding wine glasses with ease.
Need more holiday gifting inspiration? View our WineCountry Experiential Gift Guide for a list of fun, non-traditional ways to wow your friends and family this holiday season.